NIDA Blending Packages
The NIDA-SAMHSA Blending Initiative was developed to harness the skills, resources, and knowledge of two federal agencies, to facilitate moving important scientific findings into mainstream addiction treatment practice. Developed in 2001 by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the SAMHSA’s Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, this project is designed to meld science and practice together to improve substance use disorder treatment and accelerate the dissemination of research-based drug abuse treatment findings into community-based practice.
- Buprenorphine Suite of Blending Products
- Treatment Planning M.A.T.R.S.: Utilizing the Addiction Severity Index (ASI) to Make Required Data Collection Useful
- Motivational Interviewing Assessment: Supervisory Tools for Enhancing Proficiency (MIA:STEP)
- Motivational Incentives Package: A Proven Approach to Treatment
- HIV Rapid Testing in Substance Abuse Treatment Programs